Thank you for your interest in writing for Welcome Home Ministry!
Welcome Home Ministry exists to provide hope and encouragement to women in their faith and family life. We are looking for creative writers to contribute articles that are uplifting, encouraging, or offer meaningful instruction. This page will offer helpful tips and guidelines.
You may review our editorial topics here.
Tips for Good Writing:
- Hook your reader with the first sentence.
- Write in a conversational tone – as if you were talking one-on-one with a friend.
- Use strong action verbs.
- Use realistic dialogue.
- Use vivid descriptions to help your reader visualize what you’re trying to say.
- Use of bullets, lists and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier.
- Articles should be 500-900 words in length. If you aren’t sure what your word count is, this Word Count Tool is handy: http://www.wordcounttool.com/
- Double space your manuscript.
- Please include a short bio (50 words or less) at the end of your post. Feel free to include a link to your site.
- Quality digital images for your article are encouraged (but not required) and should be a large size and include a release for use. You may attach them to your email.
- Please do not email your submission in HTML format or in a Word or text document. Simply type your post in your email and attach relevant images to the email (if applicable).
- Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid.
Please send your submission in an email to: Tiffiney@welcomehomeministry.com.
Please include the following:
- Your full name.
- Your email address. Your email address will not be published.
- Your phone number.
- Your URL (if applicable).
- Your post title.
- The body of your post.
- Attach any images you’d like to include (not required).
- A short bio.
Guest posts may be published anonymously or under a psuedo name to protect privacy.
Authors will reserve full rights to the published articles, however, Welcome Home Ministry reserves the right to reprint the article, in whole or in part, in future issues/posts.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration in guest posting for Welcome Home Ministry.